Rental Information Required
Summarised Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Vehicles will not be dispatched until such a time that the funds are reflecting in the supplier’s bank account.
- The customer hereby declares that all relevant information supplied in order to confirm this rental is accurate and factual.
- The supplier reserves the right to retrieve funds from the credit card of the customer for any amount due including the result of any material damage , loss or change caused as a result of this rental.
- The supplier will endeavour to deliver the vehicle (s) within the required time, and in fair working order, the customer has no claim to the supplier for any costs incurred as a result of late delivery or insufficient working order.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel the rental booking at any given time without prior warning, which may arise as a result of supply constraints or risk concerns.
- Should a monthly rental agreement become on going, the company requires a top-up deposit on the 1st of each month to be confirmed by your rental agent.
- A 3% surcharge will be billed on all credit card transactions.
- Cancellations initiated by the customer incur a R350 Cancellation Fee.
- The submitted driver’s license is the only person permitted to drive the vehicle, any other driver is not permitted and the customer will be liable for any cost incurred by a non-permitted driver.
- We would require the ID, Drivers licence on the new / changed driver should the client wish to change.
- The customer authorises the company to conduct any credit enquiries on him/ herself or legal entity.
- Terms & Conditions are to be completed once for First time clients & will apply to all hires taken afterwards, unless Terms & Conditions are updated, then the client will need to complete them again.
- All hires are billed out every month (Daily,Weekly,Monthly), there will be no hires carried over to the following month.
- Vehicle(s) will be charged for the total day(s) that it is in possession of the client, this includes weekends & public holidays, whether the vehicle(s) was used or not used.
- Personal Accident Insurance (Passenger Liability Cover) is limited to a maximum of R5 000,00 per person, per incident. The cover is only for medical claims and no other claims will be entertained. Subject to further terms and conditions.
1. An additional excess equal to the excess quoted will be applicable in the following instances;
- Single vehicle accident – where there are no other vehicles involved.
- Accidents that occur after 00:00.
- Driver is under the age of 25 years old.
- Driver has had their licence or PRDP for less than 5 years.
- The driver does not have a valid PDP if required.
2. If there is a third party involved in an accident and there is no damage sustained to the rental vehicle, an excess of R10 000.00 will be charged to enable us to attend to the liability aspect of the claim.
3. If there is a third party involved in an accident and damages have been sustained to the rental vehicle, no additional third party excess of R10 000.00 will be charged.
4. Should the damages sustained to either the rented or third party’s vehicle fall within the respective excess amounts, you will only be billed for the repair amount.
1. Should the rental vehicle be hijacked, an amount of R5 750.00 VAT inclusive will be charged over and above the applicable excess(es).
This covers the fees in respect of recovering the vehicle, having it released by the South African Police Services impound lot and if needs be towed back to the rental depot.
1. We reserve the right to investigate and validate all claims thoroughly.
2. Should it come to light that the damages have been caused due to gross driver negligence or abuse, the insurance cover will fall away and the full cost of the repairs together with any possible third party claim(s) will be charged for.
3. Whilst the rental vehicle is being repaired or has been deemed uneconomical to repair, we reserve the right to charge a daily or monthly rate in respect of the loss of use and revenue of the vehicle.
4. In the case of a major repair having to take place, the company will charge out downtime at the lowest possible quoted rate to the customer for a period of no more than 2 months from the date of incident.
5. In the case of a total loss and subsequent write-off, the company will charge downtime upfront for a period of 2 months at the lowest possible rate on the quotation.
6. The customer will be held liable for the well-being of the vehicle from the when the vehicle has driven out of a company gate until it has been returned through the company gate and any event of loss that may take place in between those periods will be under the customer’s control and liability.
7. In the case of a write-off, and the customer has elected to have their own insurance in place, the company will charge downtime for the entire period up until the payment has been received in full.
8. Regardless of whether the driver is appointed by the Company or the Client, the driver is deemed to be in the employ and under the direction of the Client for the duration of the rental.
For full terms and conditions, please click here: https://www.spartantruckhire.co.za.
By completing and submitting the form below, you are indicating that you have both read and accepted both the summarised and full set of terms and conditions available above.